iLASIK Surgery in San Diego
At Dr. Nahl's LASIK San Diego facility, patients are offered the highest quality treatments and impeccable care. Dr. Nahl conducts thorough consultations to evaluate each patient’s eye health and learn about his or her vision correction needs and goals. She uses this information to develop customized treatment plans that deliver highly rewarding vision correction results. One of the laser eye surgery procedures she recommends and performs often is iLASIK. Through this quick all-laser treatment, iLASIK San Diego patients can achieve remarkable improvement in their visual acuity. To learn more about iLASIK in San Diego, please explore the paragraphs below.
What is iLASIK?
iLASIK vs LASIK
iLASIK uses a technology that is very mature. The technology has been used for many years and very safe. Doctors have been performing LASIK for many years, over a decade. About 32 million LASIK procedures are performed and still counting, making it the most popular elective vision correction procedure in the country. All branches of the U.S. military and NASA have recently approved LASIK for their servicemen and women. iLASIK is an elective procedure with other options including eye glasses, photorefractive keratectomy (PRK), conventional LASIK and other refractive procedures.
iLASIK procedure only takes minutes. The procedure reshapes the cornea of your eye to correct the refractive problems. These imperfections/problems are the main reason why you are nearsighted or farsighted. Here is what we do:
- You will go through an extensive eye exam
- We use computer software to make a blueprint of your eyes. We use this blueprint to drive your laser correction to give you a truly customized procedure and results
- The laser is used to make a thin flap for your cornea
- A numbing drop will be given for a painless procedure
- The flap enables us to perform the iLASIK laser eye correction
- We then use a 2nd laser to make correction to your cornea depending on your unique sight traits
- This process is completely driven by our advanced computer technology
- It's very safe, quick and virtually pain free
- You'll have a great vision without eye glasses or contact lenses
iLASIK Eye Surgery or Contacts
iLASIK has very low risk while contacts come with higher risks. Contact lenses require time and meticulous attention to ensure thorough cleaning and to avoid infection. Sometimes, infections from contact lenses may occur. Considering the risks, hassles and costs of contact lenses, it's time to consider a new option. iLASIK Procedure is a very good option.
In addition to performing iLASIK, Dr. Nahl also offers cataract surgery in San Diego. During cataract surgery, she removes a patient’s clouded lenses and replaces them with high quality intraocular lens implants (IOLs). Dr. Nahl has multiple years’ experience with IOLs, and she is regarded as one of the leading San Diego ReStor, ReZoom and Crystalens IOLs specialists. Other procedures patients can undergo at Dr. Nahl's state-of-the-art facility include LASEK, PRK and implantation of an ICL in San Diego.