Laser Eye Surgery in San Diego by La Jolla LASIK Institute
"How You Really can get Better Vision with Laser Eye Surgery"
As an experienced San Diego laser eye surgery specialist, my mission in life is to improve your vision and give you the freedom from glasses and contacts that you desire. I offer a range of laser procedures using the latest, most advanced technology, which gives you the highest precision and best results. I have a choice of six different lasers, so I have something that fits every need and circumstance.
LASIK surgery involves two types of lasers.
- The first type of laser creates a thin flap of tissue that is lifted back from the surface of the eye. At our LASIK surgery San Diego facility, I have the latest femtosecond lasers, which use high-speed laser energy to create an ultra-thin flap in the eye.s surface. I control the femtosecond laser beam with computer software, which allows me to give you ultimate precision and accuracy. As a more affordable alternative, traditional LASIK uses a mechanical blade, called a microkeratome.
- After a thin flap of tissue has been created, an excimer laser reshapes the cornea. I use the Allegretto Eye-Q Wave System, which uses advanced Wavefront technology to determine the uniqueness of your eyes. This gives you customized laser correction of your individual imperfections.
- I also use the VISX Star S4 laser with iris recognition and eye tracking. This state-of-the-art technology means I can match your eye's measurements with the unique features of your iris and compensate for all eye movements.giving you pinpoint accuracy.
All LASIK procedures, whether bladeless or conventional, can treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism -- and give you the clear vision and freedom from glasses and contacts that you want.
All procedures last less than fifteen minutes for both eyes, and you will be experience virtually no pain. Healing occurs extremely quickly, usually within 24 hours, and you will likely be able to go to work the next day.
"I Can Give You More Than Just LASIK"
Even if you've been told you don't qualify for LASIK, you don't have to give up on your dream of better vision without glasses or contacts. As one of the best laser eye surgery San Diego experts, my mission is to meet your specific needs and circumstances -- even if you have an abnormal cornea, high prescription, dry eyes, or other condition that might disqualify you from LASIK.
PRK and Epi-LASIK are alternative procedures to LASIK. Unlike LASIK, PRK and Epi-LASIK remove the outer layer of the cornea. Because vision correction occurs on the surface of the eye, these procedures can give you clear vision, even if you have dry eyes, an abnormally shaped cornea, or one that is too thin.
I also specialize in cataract surgery and offer a variety of safe, effective intraocular lenses (IOLs) -- including ReStor, ReZoom, and Crystalens implantable lenses. I also provide advanced implantable contact lenses (ICLs), which can give even those with the highest prescriptions the freedom of clear vision.
Finally, keep in mind: even though I have a lot of fancy technology, the most important thing when deciding on a San Diego LASIK surgeon is still the doctor's experience and skill. I have top-notch training, lots and lots of experience, and a 100% success rate in vision improvement. I would never perform a surgery on anyone where I think there's a risk of a bad result. And I will give you a level of personal care and attention that is truly unique.
When you come in for your free consultation, we can personally discuss all your choices for vision correction and decide together a plan of action that best fits your individual circumstances. Schedule your free consultation today.
If you would like more information about my San Diego laser eye surgery services before coming in for your consultation, please click on these links:
Options for distance vision
- LASIK with Allegretto Wave™
- CustomVue™ (Wavefront Guided LASIK)
- Intralase™ (All Laser LASIK)
- LASEK & PRK / Surface Ablation / Epi-LASIK
- Implantable Lens (Visian ICL / Verisyse)